IBM Connections is a leading social network platform that helps you get work done. IBM Connections allows your organization to engage the right people, accelerate innovation and deliver results. Now you can confidently share knowledge beyond traditional organizational boundaries. Improve decision-making. Increase productivity. Accelerate time to market.
IBM Connections meets your needs with flexible deployment options; on-premises, cloud, or hybrid.
This social network platform can help you:
- Empower people. Innovate anywhere — mobile, web and desktop, even offline
- Engage people. Filter out the noise, illuminate ideas.
- Inspire innovation. People-centric platform allows ideas and communities to thrive.
- Trust people. Safely collaborate with customers and partners, bringing them into the conversation.
IBM® Connections 5 has nine Web 2.0-based components — Activities, Communities, Bookmarks, Profiles, Blogs, Files, Wikis, Forums and Home page — that help business people quickly connect and build new relationships based on their individual needs. These components help users save time by making information, previously qualified by others, easily accessible.
The pace of learning can increase as users easily find and exchange ideas with experts across their organization. Since they have access to the experience of others, users can avoid making mistakes and duplicating tasks, saving time and improving the quality of their work.
These services/components are loosely coupled. Companies can select to use one, two, or all services. By using all nine services, you can achieve the highest value. In addition, additional features include Analytics, Mail Integration, Instant Messaging Integration, Polls & Surveys, Document Library Management and Workflow.
Extend IBM Connections to work with the following products:
- IBM Sametime – Use the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime to bring powerful capabilities of the Activities and Profiles features to your Sametime window.
- IBM WebSphere Portal – Use the IBM Connections Portlet to bring the social networking capabilities of all the IBM Connections features to IBM WebSphere Portal.
- IBM Notes – Use the IBM Connections Plug-in for Notes to bring powerful capabilities of the Activities, Bookmarks, and Profiles features to your version 7.0 and later IBM Notes client (Basic Configuration).
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows® Explorer – Use the IBM Connections Plug-ins for Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer to bring powerful capabilities of the Activities, Blogs, and Profiles features to your office applications, such as Microsoft Word, and to add files from Windows Explorer to an activity in seconds.
- Microsoft Outlook – Use the IBM Connection Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook to integrate your collaboration tools. You can post mail messages to activities or get the benefit of Profiles in your Outlook client.
- IBM Enterprise Content Management - leverage the foundational capabilities of an enterprise social collaboration platform with embedded content management capabilities making corporate content available for use across the enterprise.
User Adoption Workshop
WGC offers a 2-day, private workshop to guide organizations through the process of developing an effective deployment strategy of IBM Connections. It is essential to build a content arena that interests and excites the base to ensure adoption and participation.